Purpose of the Grant
To assist in the education of coaches and officials by enabling them to improve their qualifications and experience through certified qualifications.
To qualify for the grant, individuals must apply through their club. Only not for profit organisation can apply. Applications must be made by the club. Applications from individuals will not be considered.
- The course for which the individual is applying for grant for, must be for a sport/activity recognised by Sport Ireland or the national governing body of the sport/physical activity.
- Grants will normally be awarded to a maximum rate of 50% of the course costs and (not exceeding €200).Applications will be considered for a minimum course cost of €20.
- Applicants must be linked to a club or organisation and be actively involved in providing opportunities and supporting the development of their sport within county Louth.
- Professional, paid coaches will not be funded.
- Applications must be made at least 2 weeks before the course start date. Approval must be received in writing before the course begins to be eligible.
- The Coaching Education Grant will not fund Sports Leader courses, First Aid courses or safeguarding courses.
- Grants must be claimed within 12 months of the award letter time-frame should be shorter.
Payment will be made to the club after the applicant has produced evidence of payment (receipt/letter from the organisation) and evidence of successful completion of the course (certificate of successful completion).
For further information please contact: