LOUTH COUNTY COUNCIL
Comhairle Contae Lú
SPORTS UNIT OPERATIVE (Relief)
(Wages €15.42 – €16.04 gross per hour)
Positions in Drogheda & Dundalk
Qualifications & Particulars of Office
Candidates shall be of good character.
Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of
ability to render regular and efficient service.
Education, Training, Experience, etc.
Each candidate must be, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms:
- Currently enrolled in a Degree
Level or higher Sports course in 2nd, 3rd or 4th
year OR Health Promotion Course in 2nd, 3rd or 4th
year, or be a graduate of any of the above or similar sports/health related degree
- Experience in sports development and the delivery of sport activities or services is desirable; &
- Candidates should display enthusiasm and possess a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and be customer focused. Candidates should be willing to undergo ongoing training to up skill, where necessary.
The person appointed will work under the direction and control of the Officer designated by the Chief Executive.
The successful candidate will be placed on a relief panel and offered hours of work as cover is required.
Duties will include:
- Sport Unit Operative work in Dundalk Sports Centre (Dundalk) or the Lourdes stadium (Drogheda) or any other LCC owned Sports facilities as required,
- Maintain a clean & safe facility to National Quality standards,
- Monitor cleanliness of facility and maintain standard throughout the shift,
- Work with other Sports Unit staff to meet customer expectations,
- Assist customers, process payments, monitor facility use,
- Set up and tidy away equipment as necessary,
- Control the use of the facility by monitoring booking system,
- Take bookings on computerised booking system,
- Work with Louth Sports Unit staff to deliver programmes and to assist in administration work,
- Any further duties which may be assigned from time to time; &
- Provide first aid (if qualified) when appropriate.
Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of information supplied on their application form.
Interested candidates should email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm on Friday 8th November 2019.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
Louth County Council is an equal opportunities employer.