LOUTH COUNTY COUNCIL
Comhairle Contae Lú
SPORTS UNIT OPERATIVE (Full Time)
(Wages €601.51 to 625.79 gross per week)
Positions in Drogheda & Dundalk
Qualifications & Particulars of Office
Candidates shall be of good character.
Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of
ability to render regular and efficient service.
Education, Training, Experience, etc.
Each candidate must be, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms:
- Hold a relevant third level qualification (minimum level 7 in National Framework of Qualification),
- Have experience of working in the sports industry,
- Have experience in the delivery of sport activities or services,
- Experience working in sports development is desirable,
- Be computer literate,
- Candidates should display enthusiasm and possess a high standard of interpersonal and organisation skills and be customer focused; &
- Candidates should be willing to undergo ongoing training to up skill, where necessary.
The person appointed will work under the direction and control of the Officer designated by the Chief Executive.
Duties will include:
- Sport Unit Operative work in Dundalk Sports Centre (Dundalk) or the Lourdes stadium(Drogheda) or any other LCC owned Sports facilities as required,
- Maintain a clean & safe facility to National Quality standards,
- Process payments,
- Set up and tidy away equipment as necessary,
- Take bookings on computerised booking system,
- Work with other sports unit staff to deliver programmes and to assist in administration work,
- Any further duties which may be assigned from time to time,
- Provide first aid (if qualified) when appropriate,
- Delivering Sports unit run programmes and activities,
- Assist supervisory team in meeting sports unit objectives and delivery of work; &
- Work evening and weekends.
Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of information supplied on their application form.
Interested candidates should email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm on Friday 15th November 2019.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
Louth County Council is an equal opportunities employer.