Purpose of the grant:
The COVID-19 club small grant scheme is part of a programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and the Local Sports Partnerships to support the sports sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. This scheme is designed to support clubs, which do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols.
As the total fund available is limited, only clubs who haven`t received support from other sources or who do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols, should apply. This grant is intended to cover costs associated with reopening of clubs. The club grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting activities only.
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Louth Sports Partnership and Sport Ireland will work together to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly. Every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme.
There is an upper limit of €1,500 per club on this grant scheme. Clubs will be assessed on demonstrable need. Decision of the committee will be final, no canvassing rules in place.
Applications should be made online if possible. In exceptional circumstances, paper applications will be accepted. If an organisation requires assistance in filling out the application form or has any queries in relation to the grant scheme please contact the sports partnership on 042-9324318.
Who can apply?
- Sports and Physical Activity Clubs affiliated to an NGB
- Other sport and physical activity clubs
- Community Groups who provide sport and physical activity opportunities to their members
What can be applied for?
- COVID-19 Related Costs for Hygiene Consumables (E.g. Hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, gloves etc.)
- COVID-19 Related Infrastructure Costs (E.g. Plexiglass screens, wall-mounted dispensers, signage)
- COVID-19 Related venue/equipment cleaning costs
- Increased venue hire costs to comply with social distancing
- COVID-19 Related Volunteer Training Costs
- COVID-19 Related Staff Training Costs
- Additional Registration/ Event Management Costs (E.g. admin or IT costs to manage self-declarations)
- Other COVID- 19 related receipted costs incurred in supporting returning to sport and physical activity post 2nd May 2020
Grants up to a maximum of €1500 per group can be applied for
The grant scheme will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Clubs must be affiliated to a National Governing Body of Sport (NGB) where such an NGB exists or their local PPN. Applications are also invited from activity groups who do not fall under either category above ( NGB or PPN ), in this instance LSP will support the group in making an application for funding under the above scheme.
- All applicants who receive funding must complete the Sport Ireland COVID 19 return to sport and activity online training. (Evidence of completion will be required upon submission of receipts of expenditure)
- the grant will be issued in two installments, 80% initially and 20% after submission of receipts of expenditure of the fill amount(100%).
- Successful applicants will receive a grant expenditure form which must be completed and submitted along with receipts of expenditure in order to claim the final 20% payment.
- The funding must be used for the purpose outlined.
- Deadlines for drawdown of funding must be adhered to. Failure to comply with the deadline may result in loss of grant.
- The information supplied by the applicant group /organisation must be accurate and complete.
- Misinformation may lead to disqualification and/or the repayment of any grant made.
- All information provided in respect of the application for a grant will be held electronically. The Department reserves the right to publish a list of all grants awarded on its website.
- The Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by the Department and Local Authorities.
- It is the responsibility of each organisation to ensure that it has proper procedures and policies in place including appropriate insurance where relevant.
- In order to process your application, it may be necessary for Louth Sports Partnership to collect personal data from you. Such information will be processed in line with the Local Authority’s privacy statement which is available to view on www.louthcoco.ie.
There is no guarantee of funding of applications which achieve the minimum eligibility criteria. The fund is limited, and eligible applications will be evaluated on a competitive basis against the criteria being applied.
The grants will be assessed at stage 1 by Louth Sports Partnership and stage 2 by Sport Ireland. Grant funding will be awarded from Sport Ireland and administered through Louth Sports Partnership.
Closing Date for applications is Tuesday 1st September 2020 at 3pm.
The information collected on this LSP Sports Club Grant Form will be held by Louth Sports Partnership in electronic and hard copy format as necessary.
The information will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
By registering for this LSP Sports Club Grant your contact information will be retained on file and will be shared with relevant stakeholders (Sport Ireland,) as required.
By completing LSP Return to Sport & Activity Assistance Grant Application Form, I am giving consent for my club’s contact information to be stored.