The COVID-19 club small grant scheme is part of a programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and the Local Sports Partnerships to support the sports sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. This scheme is designed to support clubs, who did not receive funding through the 1st round.
As the total fund available is limited, only clubs who haven’t received support from other sources or who do not have the finances to implement Covid-19 protocols, should apply. This grant would cover costs associated with reopening of clubs. The club grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting activities only. This funding cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants.
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme. There is a €1,500 limit per club on this grant scheme. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support.
• Only one application can be submitted per club – if your club already applied for this funding in 2020, your application will be refused.
• Applications must be submitted to the Local Sports Partnership in the county in which your club is based.
• The form must be filled out in one attempt, there is no facility to save the form and return to it at a later date.
• Grant scheme is subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
We collect the personal data provided below for one or more specific purposes, on the basis of public authority to our statutory duties.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
• Identifying and evaluating organisations that apply for funding
• Organisation overview and governance
• Conducting compliance checks
• Delivery of efficient services to meet organisations needs
• Recording and communicating the activities of our organisation and other organisations to stakeholders
• Facilitating future contact with relevant stakeholders
• In order to comply with a legal obligation
• Research and development of sports participation
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified or where there is a legal requirement. The minimum amount of personal information is shared with Sport Ireland.
Who can apply?
• Sports and Physical Activity Clubs affiliated to an NGB who have not already applied through this scheme
• Other sport and physical activity clubs
• Community Groups who provide sport and physical activity opportunities to their members
What can be applied for?
• COVID-19 Related Costs for Hygiene Consumables (E.g. Hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, gloves etc.)
• COVID-19 Related Infrastructure Costs (E.g. Plexiglass screens, wall mounted dispensers, signage)
• COVID-19 Related venue/equipment cleaning costs
• Increased venue hire costs to comply with social distancing
• COVID-19 Related Volunteer Training Costs
• COVID-19 Related Staff Training Costs
• Additional Registration/ Event Management Costs (E.g. admin or IT costs to manage self-declarations)
Please note: The COVID 19 Club Small Grants can be used to support COVID 19 related expenditure dating from 2nd May 2020 onwards (Date of publication of Government roadmap to recovery).
Funding available: Grants up to a maximum of €1500.00 per group can be applied for
Closing Date for applications is Friday 20th May 2022 at 4.00pm
The information above should be read in conjunction with the privacy notice on our website-> https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/privacy/