The volunteer supports initiative aims to successfully increase the number of people of all ages playing a leadership role in developing sports and physical activity in their communities. This will be done through the delivery of training and education courses to support volunteers in their development as community leaders/coaches of sport and physical activity.
Louth LSP will provide this opportunity for assistance in training and education for individuals or clubs by providing 50% of the total cost of the course.
You are eligible to apply for funding once you meet either 1 or 2 of the main requirements:
- You or your club must be within a disadvantaged area to be considered for support (areas listed below)
- You or your club are working or intend to work with people with disabilities to be considered for support.
Eligible Courses (may include):
- Sports specific Coach Education (e.g. Athletics, Basketball, Gaelic, Soccer).
- Committee and / or Volunteer education, Administration & management courses
- Generic courses outlined on application form, Child Protection, First Aid, Sport Leader Award etc
- Personal Development (leadership roles, governance, organizational skills, building self-esteem and confidence etc )
- Accredited courses by NCTC or NGB
- Applicants who have a bona fide youth structure in place
- Applicants from club/organizations within Co Louth
Ineligible Courses (will include):
- Courses outside Ireland
- Sport related courses delivered by bodies not recognized under the National Coaching Development Programme or by the National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGB’s) if one exists.
- Generic sports courses delivered by a non-recognized agency
- Day to day running costs (e.g insurance, transport)
- Courses not directly related to applicant club/ organization e.g. team building.