Click Here to Apply
Closing Date Wednesday 12th April 2023 at 4pm
Louth Sports Partnership are pleased to announce a Small Club Grant Scheme (€1,500 maximum per club) for New & Current local sports clubs in Louth to increase and support participation in sporting activities in County Louth.
For more information email Louthlsp@louthcoco.ie or call 042-9324318 Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm
Register with Louth PPN HERE
Small Club Grant 2023
Louth Sports Partnership aims to support volunteers and develop opportunities for people to participate in organised sport. This small scale grant aims to support initiatives to increase participation levels in Sport & Physical Activity. Proposed initiatives should attract new members and ideally enhance ongoing participation. This grant also supports the set up of new clubs and assists existing clubs with initiatives to increase participation. Maximum Grant Awarded – €1,500.
Who can apply? – To be eligible clubs / sporting organisations must:
- Be based in the Louth area and be affiliated to a Sport Ireland recognised NGB or disability organisation.
- Operate as a not for profit group and be open for public membership.
- Have policies and practices in place that encourage participation regardless of gender, age, race or ability.
- Clubs must operate the best practice for Children in Sport – Club members/Volunteers must have completed a Child Welfare & Protection Awareness Course.
- Must be registered with Louth PPN or register at www.louthppn.ie
- Only ONE application per club.
- Have adequate insurance in place covering the activities for which funding is to be used.
- Where applicable, sports clubs that received previous funding from Louth Sports Partnership, must have fully drawn down all funds to be considered for new funding.
- Due to late launch of 2022 grant, clubs that secured funding in 2022 can apply for 2023 funding but cannot draw down the 1st instalment until the 2022 grant is completed including receipts and reports returned to Louth Sports Partnership.
Who can not apply?
- Individuals, Schools, Capital Projects.
- Projects that are funded by another source.
- Commercial Organisations, for profit groups.
- County / Regional / National Organisations or Statutory Agencies.
What we want to fund:
- New Clubs – Set up costs for clubs established in the last 2 years e.g. bibs, cones, training equipment, team kit (LSP branding guidelines will be issued if applying for team kit, LLSP Logo must be front and centre on all jerseys).
- Existing Clubs – Set up costs for initiatives to increase participant numbers of an existing or new branch of the club or increase physical activity targeting Disability, Mental Health, Disadvantaged Communities, Ethnics Minorities, Unemployed, Youth, Women & Girls, Older Adults and Men 35+.
- Better Governance – Governance & Committee capacity building initiatives.
What we will not fund:
- Ongoing running costs of clubs – hall hire, prizes, transport, coaching fees relating to normal club activities, registration/affiliation fees, insurance, general administration costs.
- Payment of Debt or Loans
- Local Sports Partnership Courses – these are already subsidised.
- Sports Clothing – e.g. individual clothing, tracksuits (other than Team Kit which must follow LSP branding guidelines).
- Capital Costs.
- Courses outside of Ireland or uncertifiable courses.